Wire Protection Plan
As of March-2022
REV takes pride in keeping your service running smoothly, maintaining hundreds of miles of lines connecting thousands of homes and businesses throughout Louisiana. Once the wiring enters your house, however, it becomes your responsibility to maintain it. Repairs to this wiring could be costly unless you subscribe to REV’s Wire Protection Plan.
With this Service Plan, for a small monthly fee, should repairs become necessary to the telephone, data and/or video wiring, modular jacks and/or outlets within your home, a REV technician will arrive and fix them.
Important information about Wire Protection Plan:
Under this plan, REV does not repair sets or equipment related to your telephone, data and/or video service, so any maintenance needs on the equipment should be referred to the vendor or supplier.
A. REV shall repair at no additional cost, the inside telephone, data and/or video wiring, jacks and/or outlets used to provide REV telephone, data or video services that serve your residence. This service is defined as consisting of the necessary adjustments and repairs of the inside wiring, jacks, and/or outlets including but not limited to the following:
- Replacement of defective concealed inside wiring with concealed wiring whenever it is possible. Both REV and the customer must agree on the location of and the method of replacement when concealed wiring is involved.
- Replacement of defective jacks/outlets.
- Identifying sub-standard inside wiring and jacks that are not in accordance with industry standards.
B. Maintenance service covered by this plan SHALL NOT INCLUDE the following:
- Travel trailer, motor home, multi-unit dwelling, location and/or complex business installations. (Apartment complex, shopping malls, mobile home parks, etc.)
- Repairing or replacing the inside wiring, jacks and/or outlets when rendered inoperative by Acts of God.
- Re-running wiring under buildings.
- Customer-owned equipment (i.e., surround sound, computer, TV, etc.).
- Responsibility for any damages that may occur to customer owned and/or leased equipment due to wiring faults, shorts, grounds, etc.
- Maintenance of attachments or other devices not approved and/or installed by REV.
- Repairs made necessary by misuse, willful neglect of customer, negligence of customer’s employees, agents, contractors or invitees.
- Repairs made necessary by sub-standard, pre-existing wiring.
- Outlets or wiring not activated or originally installed by an authorized REV agent.
C. Customer shall provide safe and adequate working space, heat, light, ventilation, electric current and outlets for use by REV at no charge to REV.
D. Once Customer subscribes to REV’s Wire Protection Plan, there is a 30-day waiting period before maintenance coverage begins.
Current monthly recurring maintenance charges:
- Residential Service — $4.95 per month, per household.
- All charges for Wire Protection service are subject to change upon written notice.
- All charges are payable as specified on your REV bill.
All terms and conditions for Wire Protection Plan are subject to change upon written notice.
Customer Requested Premise Work
REV will install new inside wiring, jacks, and/or outlets or repair sub-standard wiring not covered under this plan if the customer agrees to pay all appropriate premise work charges. To find out the premise work charges, you can call our business office at 1-866-881-4REV.