Wire Protection Plan
Effective November 15, 2023
REV takes pride in keeping your service running smoothly, maintaining hundreds of miles of lines connecting thousands of homes and businesses throughout Louisiana. Once the wiring enters your house or business location, however, it becomes your responsibility to maintain it. Repairs to this wiring could be costly unless you subscribe to REV’s Wire Protection Plan.
With this Service Plan, for a small monthly fee, should repairs become necessary to the telephone, data and/or video wiring, modular jacks and/or outlets within your home or business location, a REV technician will arrive and fix them.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT WIRE PROTECTION PLAN:
Under this plan, REV does not repair sets or equipment related to your telephone, data and/or video service, so any maintenance needs on the equipment should be referred to the vendor or supplier.
A minimum service term of thirty (30) days is required prior to payment of any claim for Wire Protection Plan.
- Cat5e or better for phone or data is required.
- RG-6, Cat5e, or better for video services is required.
A. REV shall repair at no additional cost, the inside telephone, data and/or video wiring, jacks and/or outlets used to provide REV telephone, data or video services that serve your residence or business location. This service consists of the necessary adjustments and repairs of the inside wiring, jacks, and/or outlets as outlined below:
- Replacement of defective concealed inside wiring (i.e., wiring that is between floors that is not accessible) with concealed wiring whenever it is possible. Both REV and the customer must agree on the location of and the method of replacement when concealed wiring is involved. All costs involved with repairing sheetrock, wood and/or concrete due to REV repairing concealed wiring agreed upon by the customer are solely the customer’s responsibility.
- Replacement of defective jacks/outlets.
- Identifying sub-standard inside wiring and jacks that are not in accordance with industry standards.
- Determine and isolate trouble to customer-owned equipment (i.e., telephone sets, computers, etc.)
B. Maintenance service covered by this plan SHALL NOT INCLUDE the following:
- Travel trailer, motor home, multi-unit dwelling, location and/or complex business installations, e.g., shopping malls, big box stores, multi-tenant/apartment buildings, multi-story buildings, mobile home parks, etc.
- Force majeure conditions including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of civil or military authority, floods, power blackouts, major environmental disturbances, unusually severe weather conditions, or acts of third parties.
- Repairing or replacing the inside wiring, jacks and/or outlets when rendered inoperative by acts of God, acts of civil or military authority, floods, power blackouts, major environmental disturbances, unusually severe weather conditions, or acts of third parties.
- Re-running wiring under buildings.
- Customer-owned equipment (i.e., surround sound, computer, TV, etc.).
- Responsibility for any damages that may occur to customer owned and/or leased equipment due to wiring faults, shorts, grounds, etc.
- Maintenance of attachments or other devices not approved and/or installed by REV.
- Repairs made necessary by misuse, willful neglect of customer, negligence of customer’s employees, agents, contractors or invitees.
- Repairs made necessary by sub-standard, pre-existing wiring.
- Outlets or wiring not activated or originally installed by an authorized REV agent.
- Repairs made to same premise extensions or wiring between buildings.
C. Customer shall provide safe and adequate working space, heat, light, ventilation, electric current and outlets for use by REV at no charge to REV.
D. Once Customer subscribes to REV’s Wire Protection Plan, there is a 30-day waiting period before maintenance coverage begins.
- Residential Service $4.95/mo per household.
- All charges for Wire Protection service are subject to change upon thirty (30) days written notice.
- All charges are payable as specified on your REV bill.
All terms and conditions for Wire Protection Plan are subject to change upon thirty (30) days written notice.
CUSTOMER REQUESTED PREMISE WORK
REV will install new inside wiring, jacks, and/or outlets or repair sub-standard wiring not covered under this plan if the customer agrees to pay all appropriate premise work charges. To find out the premise work charges, you can call our business office at 866-625-4100.