Email Spamming Policy
As of March-2022 In an attempt to better serve and protect the privacy of our customers and all internet users, REV promulgates the following policy on “spamming.” “Spamming” is a term used to refer to the broadcast of unsolicited junk e-mail. REV formally rejects the use of its network for such purposes. Therefore, it is contrary to REV policy for any user of any REV service to cause or participate in any of the following activities through an REV-provided service:
- To post ten (10) or more messages similar in content to newsgroups, forums, e-mail mailing lists or other similar groups of lists;
- To post to any newsgroup, forum, e-mail mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are not germane according to the charter or other owner-published description of the group or list;
- To send unsolicited e-mailings to more than twenty-five (25) e-mail users, if such unsolicited e-mailings could reasonably be expected to provoke complaints;
- To falsify user information provided to REV or to the users of the service in connection with the use of any REV service; and
- To engage in any of the foregoing activities by using the service of another provider, but channeling such activities through an REV account, remailer, or otherwise through an REV service or using an REV account as a maildrop for responses or otherwise using the services of another provider for the purpose of facilitating the foregoing activities if such use of another party’s service could reasonably be expected to adversely affect an REV service.