Nominations open for $500 grant awards benefiting Ascension Parish schools through November 3rd.
Gonzales, LA – EATEL is proud to announce the recent opening of its application period for its annual classroom grants program – Reach-A-Kid, Teach-A-Kid. Now through November 3rd, teachers can apply online for up to $500 to support and bolster creative classroom programs.
The Reach-A-Kid, Teach-A-Kid grant program provides teachers in Ascension Parish with funding for inventive and pioneering teaching projects. Each year EATEL funds a total of ten $500 grants to promote inspirational and resourceful educators.
“We’re proud partners and sponsors of education,” says Josh Descant, CEO of REV Broadband – the parent company of RTC, EATEL, Vision Communications and VENYU. “It’s always a tremendous honor to offer this program and by doing so, connecting our hard-working and enthusiastic teachers to resources that allow and empower them to implement innovative classroom projects for today’s young scholars.”
For over 20 years the program has made awards totaling over $100,000. Reaching all grade levels, K-12, this grant opens the doors to creative thinking for students and teachers. Past grants include funding everything from new keyboards, an American Girls’ reading club, building/launching rockets, escape rooms, development of fine motor skills, STEM projects, special education supports, bookbindery, robot-building, code-writing, agricultural sciences and more.
“Through this program, we’re lucky to be able to witness the passion Ascension Parish’s educators have for leveling-up their students’ classroom experiences,” says Monika Arnold, EATEL’s Community Relations and Business Development manager. “There’s such excitement around this program and each year, we’re thrilled to make Reach-A-Kid, Teach-A-Kid happen.”
2020 winners included:
- Carla Duplechin Babin — “Involve Me and I Learn” (Gonzales Middle School)
- Leslie Davidson — “Mastering Mathematics with Manipulatives” (Bullion Primary)
- Deborah Ellis — “Let’s Get Social … a Social Story” (East Ascension High School)
- Ashley Fabianczyk — “A Day in My Life” (Donaldsonville Primary)
- Elise Frederic — “Start it Write!” (Lakeside Primary School)
- Morgan Green — “Thinking Outside the Breakout Box” (St. Amant High School)
- Amanda Martinez — “It’s All About that Base!” (Lake Elementary)
- Dawn C. Perret — “Think, Make, Innovate: Sphero Coding” (Galvez Middle School)
- Andrea Sibille — “Inspired Readers” (Prairieville Middle School)
- Vanessa West — “Growing a Future” (Central Middle School)
All Ascension Parish teachers – in public and private schools – are encouraged to submit their application online by Wednesday, November 3 at: https://www.eatel.com/community/grants/reach-a-kid…
About REV Broadband
Established in 2020, REV Broadband is the parent company of RTC, EATEL, EATEL Business, Vision Communications and VENYU. The combined company serves as Louisiana’s largest telecommunications network with over 2,790 miles of fiber and nearly 400 employees serving more than 60,000 customers. In addition, the company also operates VENYU, a premier provider of cloud hosting, data center and data protection services. VENYU operates a network that spans coast to coast with data centers and partners in Louisiana and across the country.